Check out these adorable gluten free apple pie cups from Udi’s. Just use their small tortillas and press into a muffin tin. Out pops individual apple pies, perfect for a buffet, or when you just want one or two. Since this recipe makes 6 apple pies, just divide all the ingredients by 3 to make only 2 or in half for 3. That way you can eat them fresh, which I think is always better, rather than have a few of them sitting around for a couple of days. I’m not sure how well the tortillas would hold up.
Apple Pie Cups
Sweetly spiced caramelized apples nestled in toasted tortilla cups and topped with whipped cream or ice cream and toasted hazelnuts.
- 6 Udi’s Small Tortillas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly brush both sides of the tortillas with coconut oil and warm in a skillet over medium heat.
- Gently place tortillas in the cups of a muffin tin pressing to mold into the cups. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes until golden and toasted.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add apple slices, sugar, and cinnamon; stir. Sauté until apples are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Fill toasted tortilla cups with the apples. Top with whipping cream or ice cream, if desired, and garnish with toasted hazelnuts.
Source: Udi’s Gluten Free