Hot and filling easy weeknight meal.
Serve this soup along side grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches for a nice cozy dinner.
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 can (15oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 ½ oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- 12 gluten free bread slices
- butter for spreading
- 12 slices of cheese
- 12 slices of tomatoes
- In a large saucepan, add the oil. Heat to medium high heat. Toss in the carrot, celery and onion. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken broth, kale, beans, tomatoes and seasoning. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle each serving with parmesan cheese.
- In a large skillet, assemble the cheese and tomato sandwiches, buttering the outside of the bread. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with the soup.