Make this 2015 Recipe of the Year Gluten Free
King Arthur flour® has declared their Chocolate chip Oatmeal cookie the 2015 recipe winner.
Based on lots of tasting, testing and tummy rubbings, this one has beat them all.
But, the original was not gluten free. Being the kind souls that they are, that has been fixed.
The ingredients please:
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 3/8 teaspoon regular table salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Drum roll…… enticing intro for the cookie…
These cookies are tender and mildly chewy, packed with chips, and go beyond the standard chocolate chip cookie with the addition of nutty tasting oats.
Be sure to tell everyone that these are the 2015 recipe winners. They will be impressed. But don’t expect too many comments. All you will probably hear is the sound of munching. The price of fame…..
Team Your Gluten Free Kitchen
Resource: King Arthur Flour®
Photo source: King Arthur Flour®