Kick up your corn with lime butter and chili rub.
Grill some farmer’s market sweet corn. Put together a delicious Lime Butter to spread over the hot corn and kick up the flavor with an Ancho Chili Rub that you sprinkle over the top.
12 ears fresh corn, unshucked
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3 limes, zest finely grated
1 bunch fresh chervil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound queso fresco, finely grated
- 1/4 cup Ancho Chile Rub, recipe follows, or cayenne pepper
FOR THE ANCHO CHILE RUB:
- 3 ancho chiles, seeded and hand-torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin2 teaspoons sweet paprika
1 tablespoon dried oregano1 tablespoon garlic powder1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
All ingredients are gluten free and can be found at your local market.
If you don’t want to go to the bother of making your own chili rub, just buy one that looks and use what you have in your spice cupboard. No need to make more work for yourself than you have to.
Looks delicious doesn’t it!
Team Your Gluten Free Kitchen